Are you interested in long-duration (> 6 months) Volunteering?
Are you passionate towards Food Waste Reduction?
Are you located in one of these SF Bayarea cities: Santa Clara, San Jose, Sunnyvale, Cupertino or Gilroy
If you said yes to all of the above, then you might find volunteering opportunities with Outside2Inside….read below..
Long-term Volunteering @ O2I
O2I Long-term Volunteers are those who volunteer for O2I on a Long-term (6 months or longer).
- The main responsibility of the Long-term Volunteer is to spread awareness about food waste reduction through innovative O2I Programs, Write Grant proposals, help with funding activities etc.
- The Long-term Volunteer spreads awareness about food waste reduction, O2I and its events through social media or through phone/mail/in-person.
- Share their experience of attending the O2I events in social media or through email.
- Bring awareness through blog/social media posts, webinars, newsletters and articles in O2I Magazine.
- Share your experience of attending O2I event and food waste reduction in general.
- Practice what you learnt from O2I event in real-life situation and share it with us.
- You could write a blog/social media post about what you learnt from the event and we can post that on our website.
- If you are an artist, you can create food waste awareness through various forms of arts like painting, graphical images etc. and we can use that in our newsletters and O2I Magazine.
- If you have different innovative ideas of bringing food waste awareness, we will promote that idea.
- If you are interested, you could lead in promoting that idea by volunteering long-term with O2I.
Steps to follow for applying for O2I Long-term Volunteer Position
Review the Long-term volunteer opportunity listings shown below and pick one that interests you.
Review the Roles and Responsibilities of the volunteer opportunity chosen and see if that interests you.
If Interested in the role please complete the O2I Volunteer Application and Questionnaire
O2I will review the Application submitted and will get back to you if selected for the role
Long-term Volunteer Opportunity Listings
Volunteer Application and Questionnaire
Steps to do after being accepted as an O2I Long-term Volunteer
Step 1: Complete the General Volunteer Agreement form right away.
Step 2: Sign up for any upcoming event from Event Signup Form (link provided below).
Step 3: Subscribe for the O2I Magazine by providing your email.
Step 4: Check out the O2I social media pages on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and our blogs. (links provided in this page)
Long-term Volunteer Forms/Signups
Long-term Volunteers Welcome to O2I
O2I Social Media Accounts, its Links, Access Request Form and Blog Page
O2I Status Report, Time Tracking & Templates
On the day you are volunteering please remember to log your volunteer hours in the time tracking tools provided below. The volunteer time logged in by all O2I Volunteers is an important metric sought-out by the potential grantors while making grant decisions. Also, this is an important metric to get grant from Corporates as a part of their CSR programs.
Long-term volunteers who are provided with the login information, on the day you are volunteering please remember to log in to the time tracking tool and don’t forget to log-out of the tool when done with volunteering work.
- Wait for the pop-up window after submitting the clock-in/out information.
- If you forget to clock-out, the timer keeps incrementing beyond 24 hours. If this happens, please inform your manager about the incident and provide the correct volunteered time information, so that the manager can record it in the system.
- The volunteer time logged in by all O2I Volunteers is an important metric sought-out by the potential grantors while making grant decisions. Also, this is an important metric to get grant from Corporates as a part of their CSR programs.
O2I Blogs, Social Media Posts and Other Documents Submission Forms
In case, long-term volunteers are planning to write a blog (or) social media post (or) as a document/presentation, then they can use the following blog/social media posting guidelines.
Post long-term volunteering and O2I Events experience Testimonial & Feedback
Volunteer Credits Request Form
If you are a student volunteer requiring volunteer credit or a long-term volunteer looking for volunteer verification letter, please use this form.Note: Please remember to log the Volunteer time with O2I and send the logged timesheet along with this form.