- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil + more for garnish
- 1 small wonky onion, diced (1 cup diced onion)
- 2 wonky garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh grated wonky ginger
- 1 large wonky apple
- 1 pound wonky carrots, peeled and chopped (~5 cups)
- 4 cups vegetable broth made from wonky produce
- Salt, freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. In a large pot, add 1 tbsp olive oil over low-medium heat.
2. Add chopped wonky onion and cook for about 5 minutes until translucent.
3. Add minced wonky garlic and ginger and cook for another couple minutes on low.
4. Add chopped wonky apple and carrots and cook for a few minutes more.
5. Add the wonky produce vegetable broth, stir, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low-medium and simmer for 20 minutes, or until tender.
6. Carefully transfer this mixture into a blender and blend until smooth.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste.
8. Serve and garnish with freshly ground pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.
Goes with bread and makes 5 delicious cups!
Credits: Adapted from Joy The Baker.