1 head of wonky cauliflower
1 wonky red onion, finely chopped
1 wonky pepper, finely sliced
8 button wonky mushrooms, finely sliced
2 cloves of wonky garlic
Salt & Pepper to taste
2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
4 wonky spring onions finely chopped
- Preheat your oven to 220°c/428°F.
- Taking the whole wonky cauliflower, chop it into small rice-like pieces.
- In a large bowl add 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Add in the cauliflower and mix until nicely coated.
- Lay the cauliflower out on a baking tray and place in the oven for 25-30 minutes until golden, cooked through and slightly crispy.
- In the meantime heat your wok with a splash of sesame oil.
- Add the wonky onion, garlic and sprinkle salt & pepper and saute for 3-4 minutes until it starts to soften before adding in the wonky peppers.
- Finally, add the mushrooms and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add 1 tbsp of sesame oil, and 2 of the spring onions.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven and combine with the vegetables.
- Serve and enjoy with some toasted sesame seeds and some more finely chopped spring onions!
Credits: Adapted from Wonky Spatula
- 2 lbs wonky carrots
- ¼ c maple syrup
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash and trim ends of carrots, cut on a bias making ¼ inch wide slice.
- Measure the rest of the ingredients and mix with the carrots in a bowl tossing to coat evenly. Line a sheet pan with parchment or foil. Evenly spread carrot mixture on lined sheet trays. Place in oven.
- Set a timer for 10 minutes and then stir them, place back in oven set timer for another 10 minutes and then again stir them.
- Set timer for the last 10 minutes and the wonky carrots should be tender and roasted golden brown around the edges. Plate and enjoy!
Credits: Adapted from Imperfect Produce Recipe
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil + more for garnish
- 1 small wonky onion, diced (1 cup diced onion)
- 2 wonky garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh grated wonky ginger
- 1 large wonky apple
- 1 pound wonky carrots, peeled and chopped (~5 cups)
- 4 cups vegetable broth made from wonky produce
- Salt, freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. In a large pot, add 1 tbsp olive oil over low-medium heat.
2. Add chopped wonky onion and cook for about 5 minutes until translucent.
3. Add minced wonky garlic and ginger and cook for another couple minutes on low.
4. Add chopped wonky apple and carrots and cook for a few minutes more.
5. Add the wonky produce vegetable broth, stir, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low-medium and simmer for 20 minutes, or until tender.
6. Carefully transfer this mixture into a blender and blend until smooth.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste.
8. Serve and garnish with freshly ground pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.
Goes with bread and makes 5 delicious cups!
Credits: Adapted from Joy The Baker.