Onboarding Weekly Checklist for New Volunteers
A checklist to help the new volunteer get started with volunteering at Outside2Inside. A new volunteer should complete this for the first 4 weeks to ensure that their onboarding with O2I is smooth & all questions answered. Complete & send this checklist by Friday 5 pm from week 1 to week 4 to O2I Board <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Daily Tasks to be completed by Volunteers
On the day you are volunteering please remember to log in to the time tracking tool and don’t forget to log-out of the tool when done with volunteering work.
- Wait for the pop-up window after submitting the clock-in/out information.
- If you forget to clock-out, the timer keeps incrementing beyond 24 hours. If this happens, please inform your manager about the incident and provide the correct volunteered time information, so that the manager can record it in the system.
- The volunteer time logged in by all O2I Volunteers is an important metric sought-out by the potential grantors while making grant decisions. Also, this is an important metric to get grant from Corporates as a part of their CSR programs.
Weekly Tasks to be completed by Volunteers
On Friday of every week, each volunteer should submit a status report to O2I Board. You should have received the Status Report template in your welcome email, so look in the attachment of the welcome emails. Set yourself a reminder in the calendar if required. There may already exist an calendar invite pending in your account. Review the pending calendar invites and accept the required. One of the invites is to serve as a reminder to send the weekly status report. When accepted, the calendar will automatically send a reminder email for submitting your weekly status report.
Typical Mistakes done while Submitting the Weekly Status Report to O2I Board:
- Forgetting to send the status report by Friday 5 pm of each week.
- Not realizing that it’s a template and adding information in the template.
- First, save the template under a different name. For example weekly_status_report_of_your_firstname.xls
- Second, remove all examples listed in each tab. They are meant to guide you to fill the form and are not needed once you know how to fill the sheet.
- No start date, end date, or commit date for any of the projects or tasks.
- No priority for the projects or tasks.
- Each volunteer needs to work with their manager and know the priorities for each project and task.
- The due date the volunteer commits to deliver the project or task is the commit date. But there could be scenarios where the volunteer might have to deliver the project or task before this commit date.
- The “start date” reflects when the volunteer started working on the project/task and the “end date” reflects the date of actual completion of the project/task. However, for planning purposes, the “start date” and “end date” may reflect the projected planned date to start and complete the project/task respectively.
Only for the 1st 4 weeks, a new volunteer needs to fill this checklist as a part of their Onboarding process.
O2I Agreement Forms for New Volunteers
O2I New Volunteer Orientation Presentation and Handbook Document
O2I Tools Access Management
Help Documentation for O2I Email, Cloud Drive, O2I Office Access, Leave Mgmt. Tool, Time Tracking Tool
If you have any questions using any of the O2I Tools, then please use the documentation below for help.
O2I Volunteer Timesheet, Testimonial & Feedback
O2I Blogs, Social Media Post and Grant Submission Forms
O2I Project Tools
Volunteer Exit Management
Step 1: Complete the Volunteer Resignation form.
Step 2: Complete the Projects & Tasks Tracker form.
Step 3: Get agreement from your manager and O2I board.
Step 4: Complete the Volunteer Exit Checklist Week1 form.
Step 5: Complete the Volunteer Exit Checklist Week2 form.
Step 6: Complete the Volunteer Testimonial & Survey.
“Volunteering is like planting others garden and decorating with one's own soul to reap the flowers of happiness for one-self”
Past Volunteers of the Month
Recycle Program Manager
Social Media Strategist