Are you interested in short-duration (few weeks to 6 months) Volunteering?
Are you passionate towards Food Waste Reduction?
Are you located in one of these SF Bayarea cities: Santa Clara, San Jose, Sunnyvale, Cupertino or Gilroy
If you said yes to all of the above, then you might find volunteering opportunities with Outside2Inside….read below..
Short-term Volunteering @ O2I
O2I Short-term Volunteers are those who volunteer for O2I on a short-term (~1-3 weeks to 6 months) basis that are mostly remote volunteering activities.
- The main responsibility of the Short-term Volunteer is to spread awareness about food waste reduction, O2I and its events through social media or through phone/mail/in-person.
- Share their experience of attending the event in social media or through email.
- Bring awareness through blog/social media posts, webinars, newsletters and articles in O2I Magazine.
- Share your experience of attending O2I event and food waste reduction in general.
- Practice what you learnt from O2I event in real-life situation and share it with us.
- You could write a blog/social media post about what you learnt from the event and we can post that on our website.
- If you are an artist, you can create food waste awareness through various forms of arts like painting, graphical images etc. and we can use that in our newsletters and O2I Magazine.
- If you have different innovative ideas of bringing food waste awareness, we will promote that idea.
- If you are interested, you could lead in promoting that idea by volunteering long-term with O2I.
Steps to follow for applying for O2I Short-term Volunteer Position
Are interested in Blog Writing, Social Media Content Creation, Webinar and other Outreach projects
Kindly highlight in your Volunteer application how long are you planning to Volunteer with O2I
If Interested in O2I
each Volunteer needs to complete the O2I Volunteer Application and Questionnaire
O2I will review the Application submitted and will get back to you if selected for the role
Volunteer Application and Questionnaire
Steps to do after being accepted as an O2I Short-term Volunteer
Step 1: Complete the General Volunteer Agreement form right away.
Step 2: Follow up with O2I on the activity you will be doing and provide regular updates until the activity completion.
Step 3: Sign up for any upcoming event from Event Signup Form (link provided below).
Step 4: Subscribe for the O2I Magazine by providing your email.
Step 5: Check out the O2I social media pages on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and our blogs. (links provided in this page)
Short-term Volunteer Forms/Signups
Short-term Volunteers Welcome to O2I
O2I Social Media Accounts, Links and Blog Page
O2I Status Report, Time Tracking & Templates
On the day you are volunteering please remember to log your volunteer hours in the time tracking tools provided below. The volunteer time logged in by all O2I Volunteers is an important metric sought-out by the potential grantors while making grant decisions. Also, this is an important metric to get grant from Corporates as a part of their CSR programs.
O2I Blogs, Social Media Posts and Other Documents Submission Forms
In case, short-term volunteers are planning to write a blog (or) social media post (or) as a document/presentation, then they can use the following blog/social media posting guidelines.
Post short-term volunteering and O2I Events experience Testimonial & Feedback
Volunteer Credits Request Form
If you are a student volunteer requiring volunteer credit (or) volunteer verification letter, please use this form.Note: Please remember to log the Volunteer time with O2I and send the logged timesheet along with this form.