Are you a University Student interested in Volunteering?
Are you passionate towards Food Waste Reduction?
Is your University located in one of these SF Bayarea cities: Santa Clara, San Jose, Sunnyvale, Cupertino or Gilroy
Are you part of a Student Group in your University?
Is the Student Group in your University interested in partnering with O2I to do projects?
If you said yes to all of the above, then you might find volunteering opportunities with Outside2Inside….read below..
University Student Volunteering @ O2I
- O2I University Student Volunteers are those who volunteer for O2I on a short-term (~1-3 weeks to few months) basis that are mostly remote volunteering activities.
- The main responsibility of the University Student Volunteer is to work on research projects that help spread awareness about food waste reduction.
- Help O2I address the challenges faced in Food Waste reduction through the Research work.
- Share their experience of working on research projects in through project reports, blog/social media posts, webinars, newsletters and articles in O2I Magazine.
- Share your experience of attending O2I event and food waste reduction in general.
- Practice what you learnt from O2I event in real-life situation and share it with us.
- You could write a blog/social media post about what you learnt from the event and we can post that on our website.
- If you are an artist, you can create food waste awareness through various forms of arts like painting, graphical images etc. and we can use that in our newsletters and O2I Magazine.
- If you have different innovative ideas of bringing food waste awareness, we will promote that idea.
- If you are interested, you could lead in promoting that idea by volunteering long-term with O2I.
Steps to follow for applying for O2I Short-term Volunteer Position
Are you interested in doing Research on Food Waste reduction projects and write detailed research reports?
Review the O2I- University Student Organization (partner) engagement model presentation shown below
If interested, then each volunteer completes the O2I Volunteer Application and Questionnaire Forms
O2I will review the Application submitted and will get back to you and your organization if the interests match
Note: O2I recruits volunteers from Feb 1st - Nov 30th only. Any application submitted between Dec 1st - Jan 31st will not be reviewed/considered, so please do not apply during that time.
O2I-University Student Organization Partner Engagement Model
Volunteer Application, Questionnaire, About-You & Acknowledgement Forms
Steps to do after being accepted as an O2I University Student Volunteer
Step 1: Sign the Volunteer Agreement with O2I on behalf of your student organization or university.
Step 2: Have each of the University student volunteers complete the Volunteer Application, Volunteer Questionnaire, About You and Volunteer Acknowledgement forms.
Step 3: Sign up for any upcoming event from Event Signup Form (link provided below).
Step 3: Subscribe for the O2I Magazine by providing your email.
Step 4: Check out the O2I social media pages on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and our blogs. (links provided in this page)
University Student Volunteer Forms/Signups
University Student Volunteers Welcome to O2I
O2I Status Report, Time Tracking & Templates
On the day you are volunteering please remember to log your volunteer hours in the time tracking tools provided below. The volunteer time logged in by all O2I Volunteers is an important metric sought-out by the potential grantors while making grant decisions. Also, this is an important metric to get grant from Corporates as a part of their CSR programs.
O2I Social Media Accounts, Links and Blog Page
O2I Blogs, Social Media Posts and Other Documents Submission Forms
In case, short-term volunteers are planning to write a blog (or) social media post (or) as a document/presentation, then they can use the following blog/social media posting guidelines.
Post volunteering and O2I Events experience Testimonial & Feedback
Volunteer Credits Request Form
If you are a student volunteer requiring volunteer credit or a volunteer looking for volunteer verification letter, please use this form. Note: Please remember to log the Volunteer time with O2I and send the logged timesheet along with this form.
University Student Organization's Research Posts Examples
Foods, Equity, Entrepreneurship, & Development (FEED) Consulting is a food justice consulting student organization at UC Berkeley. We analyze and make recommendations to business-oriented questions for organizations that are working to improve and make a difference in the food system. This semester, we continued our partnership with Outside2Inside and focused on conducting research and continuing outreach to local businesses in two projects: Corporate Consciousness and Sustainable Urban Village Program. Last semester, we worked with Outside2Inside on the Corporate Consciousness Program
Food, Equity, Entrepreneurship, & Development (FEED) is a food justice consulting student organization at UC Berkeley. In Fall 2019, we worked with Outside2Inside to generate innovative solutions to food waste on the UC Berkeley campus through a food waste education program. Our food waste education program was created to increase awareness of food waste among UC Berkeley students. We are planning to expand this into a program called Corporate Consciousness, which will provide food waste reduction strategies to corporations in
Food, Equity, Entrepreneurship, & Development (FEED) is a food justice consulting student organization in UC Berkeley. In spring 2019, we continued our partnership with Outside2Inside to determine how we can best expand the impact and outreach of current and new programs to corporations in a variety of different industries in the Bay Area. When we first began our project, we examined food waste trends in the bay area. Through our research we found that one of the primary sources of